Revolutionary Java SE 8 Release Features the Most Significant Upgrade to the Java Programming Model Ever; Java SE 8 and Java ME 8 Together Make Major Steps Toward Long-Term Convergence
Java 8 Launch Webcast to Feature Java 8 Architects, Leading Community Members and Ecosystem Partners
New Release Allows Developers to Take Advantage of the Latest Java Developments and Enhances HTML5 Development Features
As part of the most significant Java technology release by Oracle, the company will host the Java 8 launch webcast today. Oracle is announcing Java Platform, Standard Edition 8 (Java SE 8), Java Platform, Micro Edition 8 (Java ME 8) and the related releases of Oracle’s Java Embedded products. Members of the Oracle Java development team, as well as other industry leaders, will highlight the key features of these new products during the webcast. In addition, over 30 technical videos covering Java SE 8, Java ME 8, Java Embedded and the Internet of Things will also be available on demand.
- Oracle today announced the availability of JDK 8, a production-ready implementation of the Java SE 8 Platform Specification, which was recently approved through the Java Community Process (JCP). This release includes the largest upgrade to the Java programming model since the platform was introduced in 1996. JDK 8 was developed collaboratively in the OpenJDK Community.
- Please join the Java 8 launch webcast today, March 25, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. PDT/1:00 p.m. EDT here.
- Oracle is also announcing Oracle Java SE Embedded 8, which leverages the new Java SE 8 features and is optimized for mid to high end embedded systems.
- Oracle JDK 8 and Oracle Java SE Embedded 8 are now available to download.
- Java SE 8 and Java ME 8 are on a strong convergence path, with Java ME 8 scheduled for availability later this spring.
- With a consistent Java 8 platform across embedded devices, desktops, data centers and the cloud, customers can deploy applications faster, process and analyze in-flight data and act on events as quickly as they occur.
- Leveraging Java’s cross-platform benefits, the Oracle Java Embedded implementations are designed to increase hardware flexibility and platform choice, allow easier application portability and help extend product lifecycles.
This article has been extracted from http://www.einnews.com, please click on this link to read the article in full http://www.einnews.com/pr_news/196861765/oracle-announces-java-8
Montash is a multi-award winning, global IT recruitment firm. Specialising in permanent and contract positions across mid-senior appointments which cover a wide range of industry sectors and IT functions, including:
ERP, BI & Data, Information Security, IT Architecture & Strategy, Scientific Technologies, Demand IT and Business Engagement, Digital and E-commerce, Infrastructure and Service Delivery, Project and Programme Delivery.
With offices based in London, Montash has completed assignments in over 30 countries and has appointed technical professionals from board level to senior and mid-management in permanent and contract roles.
For more information please visit www.montash.com