HP announced Wednesday the next release of its HP Vertica Analytics Platform, HP Vertica Dragline.
HP said Dragline addresses big data challenges like rapid data gathering, exploration and organisation.
New features of the platform include:
- Integration with Project Maverick, enhancing speed and performance;
- Dynamic workload management to adapt to query complexities;
- Expanded SQL-on-Hadoop exploration and cost-optimised storage;
- Sentiment analysis engine for tweets or any short pieces of freeform text, as well as geospatial analytic enhancements;
- And Text Search for search-based analytics on a range of text data, including machine logs and sentiment analysis of short text, such as tweets or product reviews.
“Our goal continues to be maximising the value of every organization’s most strategic asset — its data,” said Colin Mahony, vice president and general manager of Vertica for HP. “HP Vertica Dragline lets organisations store data in a cost-optimised manner, exploring it quickly and effectively using well-known SQL-based tools, and, most importantly, providing the customer insights and operational advantages to everyone with blazing-fast speed, accuracy and security.”
This article has been extracted from http://www.zdnet.com, please click on this link to read the article in full http://www.zdnet.com/hp-expands-vertica-analytics-big-data-platform-7000029944/
Montash is a multi-award winning, global IT recruitment firm. Specialising in permanent and contract positions across mid-senior appointments which cover a wide range of industry sectors and IT functions, including:
ERP, BI & Data, Information Security, IT Architecture & Strategy, Scientific Technologies, Demand IT and Business Engagement, Digital and E-commerce, Infrastructure and Service Delivery, Project and Programme Delivery.
With offices based in London, Montash has completed assignments in over 30 countries and has appointed technical professionals from board level to senior and mid-management in permanent and contract roles.