IBM has introduced its M5 portfolio of x86 servers, delivering new innovations in security, efficiency and reliability that clients need for mission-critical applications.
The new M5 servers combine high performance with built-in security, efficiency, and reliability, supporting a wide range of enterprise workloads and computing environments, from infrastructure basics to cloud computing to big data and analytics. The portfolio includes highly configurable models of rack and tower servers, dense systems, blades and integrated systems to help clients address pressing business challenges in the data center and in the office.
“Clients need to support more demanding workloads with limited budgets while dealing with increasingly sophisticated attacks on their infrastructure,” said Siddhesh Naik, Country Manager, System x, IBM India and South Asia. “Our new M5 servers are designed with the long-standing heritage of IBM innovation to support these enterprise applications with the high security, efficiency and reliability they require.”
The new IBM System x M5 servers include:
- System x3650 M5 – a powerful, versatile 2U, two-socket rack server that can be optimized for big data, analytics and cloud;
- System x3550 M5 – a flexible 1U, two-socket rack server designed for a wide range of workloads across diverse industries;
- System x3500 M5 – a high performing, all-in-one 5U, two-socket tower or rack server, designed for business-critical workloads;
- Flex System x240 M5 – optimized for performance, mainstream virtualization and enterprise applications;
- NeXtScale nx360 M5 – a half-wide, 1U compute server optimized for density, flexibility, and performance;
- NeXtScale System with Water Cool Technology – a direct water-cooled server optimized for energy-efficient performance at low cost.
In addition to System x innovations, the new servers come with all the latest industry-standard features, including Intel’s new Xeon E5-2600 v3 processors, and up to 1.5 terabytes of faster, energy-saving TruDDR4 memory. All these servers are scheduled to begin shipping to customers this year, except the x3500 M5, which is scheduled to begin shipping in the first quarter of 2015.
This article has been extracted from http://www.technuter.com/, please click on this link to read the article in full http://www.technuter.com/pc-pheripharels/networking/new-ibm-x86-m5-servers-offer-higher-security-efficiency-and-reliability-for-enterprise-workloads-cloud-environments.html
Montash is a multi-award winning, global technology recruitment firm. Specialising in permanent and contract positions across mid-senior appointments which cover a wide range of industry sectors and IT functions, including:
ERP, BI & Data, Information Security, IT Architecture & Strategy, Energy Technologies, Demand IT and Business Engagement, Digital and E-commerce, Infrastructure and Service Delivery, Project and Programme Delivery.
With offices based in London, Montash has completed assignments in over 30 countries and has appointed technical professionals from board level to senior and mid-management in permanent and contract roles.