SaaS superpower Salesforce has revealed the details of its cloudy collaboration with Microsoft, and the main detail is that the fruits of the relationship won't be delivered until deep into 2015.
Redmond's corporate veep for Windows marketing Tony Prophe appeared alongside Salesforce supremo Marc Benioff at the latter company's Dreamforce gabfest in the USA to detail a raft of integrations between the two companies' flagships:
Here's what the two companies announced today and the expected delivery dates.
- Salesforce1 for Windows – a Windows app said to allow “customers to run their business from their Windows 8.1 mobile devices.” It's in preview now “with general availability anticipated for the second half of 2015.”
- Salesforce Files – a tool that “helps customers unlock files from Microsoft SharePoint so they are mobile, social and can be used in the context of any Salesforce business process.” This one is on sale today.
- Salesforce1 integration with Microsoft Office, SharePoint and OneDrive for Business on iOS devices and Android phones – touted as allowing “customers to seamlessly open, edit and save documents” with availability “anticipated for the first half of 2015.”
- A new Salesforce1 App for Outlook – touted as allowing users to “access and manage their Salesforce information right from Outlook.” Sometime in the first half of 2015.
- Power BI for Office 365 and Excel integrations with Salesforce – this one will allow users to “bi-directionally load data to Salesforce and Excel to build reports, visualize information and discover new insights.” It's in preview and again “anticipated for the first half of 2015” with a “Salesforce app for Excel is anticipated for the second half of 2015.”
Montash is a multi-award winning, global IT recruitment business. Specialising in permanent and contract positions across mid-senior appointments across a wide range of industry sectors and IT functions, including:
ERP, BI & Data, Information Security, IT Architecture & Strategy, Energy & Technologies, Demand IT and Business Engagement, Digital and E-commerce, Leadership Talent, Infrastructure and Service Delivery, Project and Programme Delivery.
Montash is headquartered in Old Street, London, in the heart of the technology hub. Montash has completed assignments in over 30 countries and has appointed technical professionals from board level to senior and mid management in permanent and contract roles.