Virtual reality technology has been around for decades in a variety of research applications. Virtual reality (VR) originally became commercially popularized through video games and movie media, but has since evolved for use in major urban development projects, to the point where it is being applied to manufacturing, retail, distribution, installation and healthcare supply chain operations.
What is a Virtual Reality Supply Chain?
A virtual reality supply chain allows organizations to design and architect in 3-D, evaluate designs and make critical decisions about new products and customer buying decisions. The value proposition of VR supply chains include:
- Increased “on the spot” sales configurations and upselling opportunities;
- A 3-D visual and high resolution 360o 3-D rendering enable the customer a “walk-thru” experience prior to making buy decisions;
- A complete 3-D visual of the parts list, components, quotes and pricing for the proposed design or purchase option;
- Full supply chain integration from design, manufacturing, supplier management, distribution, customer delivery and installation;
- Improved velocity, quality and simplification in the order fulfillment cycle;
- Realization of significant revenue growth, profitability and a superior customer experience.
Manufacturers, retailers, distributors and healthcare organizations are beginning to assimilate this technology into their daily business models with immediate and impressive results.
This article has been extracted from http://www.industryweek.comhttp://www.industryweek.com, please click on this link to read the article in full http://www.industryweek.com/supply-chain/virtual-reality-supply-chains-next-stage-evolution
Montash is a multi-award winning global technology recruitment business. Specialising in permanent and contract positions across mid-senior appointments across a wide range of industry sectors and IT functions, including:
ERP Recruitment, BI & Data Recruitment, Information Security Recruitment, Enterprise Architecture & Strategy Recruitment, Energy Technology Recruitment, Demand IT and Business Engagement Recruitment, Digital and E-commerce Recruitment, Leadership Talent, Infrastructure and Service Delivery Recruitment, Project and Programme Delivery Recruitment.
Montash is headquartered in Old Street, London, in the heart of the technology hub. Montash has completed assignments in over 30 countries and has appointed technical professionals from board level to senior and mid-management in permanent and contract roles.