1st Line Support Engineer needed. A leading Technology company need a 1st Line Support Engineer to start ASAP on a 3-month contract (with likelihood of extension) in Southampton.
As the 1st Line Support Engineer, you will act as the single point of contact into IT Support, accepting communication via phone, email, web portal, face to face or remote support. You will accurately log all contacts and subsequent updates to the IT Service Desk, as well as obtaining a precise description of the issue/request and the circumstances in which it has occurred.
1st Line Support Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Provide end users with technical assistance and guidance
- Build and configure new IT assets using documented procedures and client imaging technologies.
- General maintenance & security of all client devices and peripherals
- Set up of new employees with the relevant accounts, access and equipment
- Support and management of all mobile devices; phones, tablets, dongles
- Troubleshoot all issues reported to the IT Service Desk, devising a resolution or workaround until permanent resolution is found
- Escalate issues and request to the correct teams
- Assist with the delivery of IT and business projects
1st Line Support Engineer Key Skills:
- Understanding of network / server infrastructure
- Knowledge of Windows Client Operating Systems - Windows 7/10
- Knowledge of MS Office Client applications and
- Experience of Office 365 Exchange Administrator Functions
- Basic knowledge of Apple OS and associated cloud applications
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting client applications
- Basic understanding of MS Server operating systems
- Knowledge of Active Directory - user account and permission administration
- Understanding of remote application and connection methods - RDS, RDP
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN and client VPN technologies
- Basic understanding of VOIP telephony solutions and client devices
- Full knowledge supporting of Mobile Devices and network carrier connections
- Knowledge of printing solutions - devices, client, networked and print server
- Knowledge to diagnose hardware errors on PCs, laptops and tablets
If you fit the role, please apply immediately.