Montash have been engaged by a leading consultancy to source an SC Cleared 2nd Line Support Engineer for an initial 3 month role based in London
The client provide the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales.
The role is within technology services, where Office 365 (MS365) is used by 25 000 users across England, Ireland and Wales, Northern Ireland and Wales, providing a helpdesk service to our users.
The candidate will act as 2nd line support.
The role Deals with complex incidents, maintenance and monitoring, as well as development and delivery of new requirements using MS365
- 2nd Line point of contact regarding support for c25,000 members of the judiciary, located nationally who use eJudiciary and other IT products/services. Capture, record and resolve incidents in accordance with agreed protocols/SLA's
- Manage customer expectations when dealing with an incident/new work request and show reasoning and analysis when providing options and recommendations to resolve/deliver;
- Maintain 'Service Now' log of all incidents raised and resolve incidents in accordance with office standards and the SLA.
- Follow (major) incident, change and problem management operating procedures
- Produce/maintain clear and concise documentation (office protocols, team guides, user guides, communications to user, etc).
- Assess the impact of any changes to MS365 and to identify how this may impact the customer/support team.
- To understand the different types of customers and respond to them appropriately.
- Understand the urgency and skill levels of customer and use discretion when communicating;
- Ensure complex IT issues can be explained in plain English
- Ensure specialist knowledge of MS365 and related administrative tools is up to date and maintained.
- Maintain knowledge of the O365 product set and ensure new leases are monitored, understood and assessed in relation of user impact.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and experience of administering MS365 (at 2nd line level)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint (as described by most external courses)
- Knowledge of the different operating systems/devices highly desirable, however Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and iOS is essential
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders
- Being able to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders clearly and concisely (e.g. explaining a complex incident in plain English).
- Experience of working in a 2nd Line team within an IT support environment.
- Experience of a call logging systems (Service Now highly desirable)