Agile DevOps Engineer
Duration: 6 months (with possibility to extend)
Project Language: German (You must be able to speak at least C1 Level German); Good English would be highly advantageous.
I am working with a multi-national enterprise that is seeking a freelance DevOps Engineer for a long term project. The ideal candidate has come from a Software Development background (ideally in Java) but has been working on a DevOps environment over the past few years.
About the role:
- Principle responsibilities include supporting release on-demand practice, developing new DevOps fixtures, prototyping new architecture, implementing and updating enablement solutions, providing assistance in building and executing test plans, performing technical peer reviews, managing operations as well as supporting software in production.
- Work with DevOps team members to achieve the goals set in each development iteration
- Master a multitude of open source platforms and cloud technologies (AWS EC2, AWS ECS, AWS S3, Ansible, Jenkins, GitLab, Docker, Maven, Artifactory, Netflix OSS, RabbitMQ)
- Aptitude and experience with database management platforms (PostgreSQL RDS, Oracle RDS)
- Create and cultivate platform infrastructure, especially as concerns containerization and automation
- Develop and enhance continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment and automated infrastructure provisioning DevOps fixtures
- Maintain performance metrics and monitoring for microservices architecture and operations environment; recommend improvements where appropriate
- Troubleshoot build failures, environment issues and technical blockers with Agile team members
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux system administration
- Experience working with CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins, SonarQube, etc.)
- Basic understanding of API's and web services. REST and JSON experience is preferred
- Experience working on a team using Scrum or other Agile project framework