Angular/UI Developer required. An Angular/UI Developer who has SC Clearance is required by Montash's client, a leading consultancy, on an initial six month contract.
The work is around frontend Angular components and the Angular/UI Developer will have the following technologies:
- Frontend test frameworks (Jasmine, Karma, Protractor)
- git or other modern distributed version control system, github
- creating and consuming RESTful endpoints
The Angular/UI Developer will ideally have the following experience:
- backend development in node.js
- Agile development using Scrum
- Azure cloud development, or cloud development on another major public cloud provider
- DevOps for Azure cloud deployed applications
- backend development using Java/Spring
- Jira and Confluence
- Contract testing with Pact
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines
The Angular/UI Developer will have the following responsibilities:
- High level requirements and change requests are established, technical options are identified, estimates are provided, and impact assessments informed in line with the Digital Service Standard.
- Technical stories defined and non-technical stories refined (working collaboratively with the BA)
- Security level, legal responsibilities, privacy issues and risks associated with the service are addressed
- Areas of technical risk are identified and de-risked with technical spikes
- Definition of "ready" (for development) and "done" are defined.
- Service integration approach established (with the products), where applicable.
- Hosting and service wrapper requirements are defined.
- Code reviewed by peers and other team members.
- Continuous integration pipeline to be used in beta and beyond are built.
- Code development for each story follows the agreed best practice.
The Angular/UI Developer will use the following working practices:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, using Agile principles and methodologies in a way which aligns with the values and goals of the project and wider organisation.
- Work with service managers, product owners and business analysts to identify and define user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with other developers on the team in ensuring that reuse of components is maximised, and development effort is minimised.
- Collaborate with the team's UX Designer, Content Designer and User Researcher to build web interfaces that satisfy user needs.
- Maintain and encourage high standards of practice.
- Be responsible for their work from design to post-deployment support
- Use their expertise to guide and shape the design of the product
- Keep a user focused mind-set and consider the impact of their work on the user's experience
- Spread their knowledge through the team
- Take technical direction and guidance from their team's Architect and Tech Lead
- Take design direction and guidance from their team's Solution Architect, UX Designer and User Researcher
- Support the activities of the project teams as necessary to prepare for any necessary gating and assurance processes
- Produce the following work products:
o Source code stored in GitHub
o Executable code built via Jenkins
o Technical documentation stored in Confluence
o Progress tracking updated in Jira
If you are a good fit please apply immediately.