Application Architect required. An Application Architect is required by Montash's client, a leading technology company based in Wiltshire, on an initial three month contract (possibility for extension). Please understand you must be SC Cleared to be eligible for this role.
The Application Architect will assess the data collected from discovery and use it to map the application and its component services, data stores and interfaces to the underlying architecture. In order to get the right data the Application Architect will work with existing suppliers to recommend how to employ the tools during discovery.
The Application Architect will be responsible for:
- Immediate role will be to assess the data collected from infrastructure discovery and map the application toplogy it components services, data stores, dependencies and interfaces
- Work hand-in-hand with lead technical architect to deliver application maps, dependency maps from discovery tooling e.g BMC Discovery, Erascent
- Must work with existing application service teams and application owners who have embarked on journey or need to be persuaded
- Familiar working with design/architecture peers to distill application inventories, high level design (HLD) material
- Must have experience of BMC Discovery and Erascent Tooling
- Critique, assess and understand physical and automated discovery reports from an application and data perspective to determine recommendations and options for migration, rehost etc
- Application portfolio analysis skills desirable
- Able to distil priority functional application requirements, map/align with target capabilities and call out any gaps to be addressed
- Familiar with re-architecting applications for cloud delivery
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and containerization of applications
- Splunk/analytics desirable
- Will develop the migration roadmap for the application perspective and it's underlying infrastructure for Crown Hosting and Cloud platforms (AWS or Azure - as a minimum)
- Experience of 'private cloud', virtualized environment focused upon VMWare technologies
- Experience of complex network environments
- Experience of formulating workload migration patterns and application / data migration plans
- Developing multiple application designs for re-host or re-platform - Crown Hosting + AWS and Azure.
- Call out key functional and non-functional requirements and attributes to determine application and infrastructure migration path
- Migration Options ROM costing - cost model formulation
- Work will form part of the option paper provided back to the business to inform the overall business case of between 45m - 80m.
- Work in partnership with wide supplier team Oracle/Microsoft/Microfocus
- Accurate, precise report writing and senior stakeholder engagement
- Inform business case development - identifying benefits levers and costs specifically around applications
If you are interested please apply immediately.