Application Architect needed. Our Client, a leading technology company is looking for an Application Architect to join their team immediately on a 3-month contract (with likelihood of extension) in West Wiltshire.
The Application Architect will assess the data collected from discovery and use it to map the application and its component services, data stores and interfaces to the underlying architecture. In order to get the right data, the Application Architect will work with existing suppliers to recommend how to employ the tools during discovery.
As the Application Architect, your immediate role will be to assess the data collected from infrastructure discovery and map the application topology IT components services, data stores, dependencies and interfaces. You will also work hand-in-hand with the lead technical architect to deliver application maps, dependency maps from discovery tooling e.g BMC Discovery, Erascent.
- Must be SC cleared
- Assess data collected
- Map the application
- Must work with existing application service teams and application owners
- Familiar working with design/architecture peers to distill application inventories, high level design (HLD) material
- Must have experience of BMC Discovery and Erascent Tooling
- Critique, assess and understand physical and automated discovery reports from an application and data perspective to determine recommendations and options for migration, rehost etc
- Application portfolio analysis skills desirable
- Able to distill priority functional application requirements, map/align with target capabilities and call out any gaps to be addressed
- Familiar with re-architecting applications for cloud delivery
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and containerization of applications
- Splunk/analytics desireable
- Will develop the migration roadmap for the application perspective and it's underlying infrastructure for Crown Hosting and Cloud platforms (AWS and Azure - as a minimum)
- Experience of 'private cloud', virtualized environment focused upon VMWare technologies
- Experience of complex network environments - familiarity with network bonus
- Experience of formulating workload migration patterns and application / data migration plans
- Developing multiple application designs for re-host or re-platform at the target data centres - Crown Hosting + AWS and Azure.
- Call out key functional and non-functional requirements and attributes to determine application and infrastructure migration path
- Migration Options ROM costing - cost model formulation
- Work in partnership with wide supplier team Oracle/Microsoft/Microfocus
- Inform business case development - identifying benefits levers and costs specifically around applications
If you fit the role, please apply immediately.