Montash have been engaged by a leading UK Consultancy to source an Application Migration Architect/Lead for an initial 6 month contract based in Coventry.
You will be required to obtain BPSS Clearance for this role.
The role would involve continual review of the migration design documents the migration engineers are producing and providing steer to the Migration Engineers where complex issues are encountered.
The Migration lead is responsible for quality of the work of the migration engineers including:
- Manage standards/issues/risks for the application migration track
- Manage quality of work and technical issues from the team
- Confirm migration wave plan and grouping with CBS and support CBS Change Mgmt proces
- Create MDD (Migration Design Document) for each move group as per the Atos 'Blueprint Process'
- Migrate the applications and data based on various migration methods (P2V, V2V, lift and shift, build from scratch, backup and restore, Platespin etc)
- Coordinate migration activity with 3rd parties, CBS support team, Application Owners and Business Owners
- Testing (As per agreed scope)
- Early Life Support for migrated applications
- Experience on AWS ( VPC, NACL , EC2, ELB, Security group ) and VMware (vRealise , vSphere , )
- Experience of Windows/Linux /Solaris
- Experience of security and Load balancers
- Experience of Network and Proxy
- Experience on Domain controller/ DNS /DHCP
- Understanding of Databases
- Storage ( SAN /NAS/DAS )
- Commvault ( backup )
- Tools ( Qradar , SolarWinds )