Montash have been engaged by a leading consultancy to source an Application Support Specialist for a contract based in Coventry.
You will be required to pass a BPSS Check for this role. It is initially Work from Home but you will be required on site afterwards.
You will be working within incident management.
- Asset and configuration management. You can maintain secure configuration and accurate information, controlling IT assets in one or more significant areas, and verifying location and state of assets.
- Availability and capacity management. You know how to manage service components to ensure they meet business needs and performance targets.
- Change management. You can analyse and assess impact and develop and document change requests. You can implement changes based on requests for change.
- Continual service improvement. You can identify process optimisation opportunities with guidance and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions.
- Incident management. You can diagnose and prioritise incidents, investigating their causes and finding resolutions.
- Ownership and initiative. You can own an issue until a new owner has been found or the problem has been mitigated or resolved.
- Problem management. You can initiate and monitor actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems, including consulting specialists where required. You can determine the appropriate remedy and assist with implementation of it as well as preventative measures.
- Service focus. You can take inputs and establish coherent frameworks that work.
- Technical specialism. You can use management system software and tools. You have knowledge of logical schemata to investigate problems, collect performance statistics and create reports. You can carry out routine configuration, installation and reconfiguration of database and related products. You are able to optimise performance and forecast resource needs.
- Technical understanding. You understand core technical concepts related to the role and can apply them with guidance.
- Testing. You can review requirements, specifications and define test conditions. You can identify issues and risks associated with work while being able to analyse and report test activities and results.
- User focus. You can identify needs and engage with users or stakeholders to collate user needs evidence. You understand and can define research that fits user needs. You can use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes.
Nice to Have Skills
- Knowledge of the C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC programming languages
- Use of public cloud services to deliver applications (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Proven ability working to Government Digital Service Standards and documenting the necessary evidence to pass a GDS assessment.
- Previous Public Sector Experience
- Agile / Scrum certified
- Use of collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence, Github and Trello