Montash have been engaged by a leading Retail Client to source an Application Support Manager for an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of extension.
The application support manager will oversee a team of 12 mostly onshore, with some offshore managing two main streams
-Managing the environment, test data and databases
The main aspect of the role is supporting core infrastructure and environments which support the databases, applications and environment. These is the client's most important system.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the Application Support Team by example to deliver professional, timely, effective and high quality applications support, and consultancy across the whole IT organisation, 3rd party suppliers and the business community.
- Ensuring all production applications are supported in line with business requirements including the provision of out of hours support where necessary with adequate staff coverage and management support.
- Monitoring operational performance and carrying out problem trend analysis recommending improvements to reduce costs and increase stability and quality.
- Responding to inquiries and resolving problems relating to UK applications. Working closely with 3rd party suppliers to resolve day-to-day application and operational issues, providing sufficient resource to work with the Problem and Incident Team in the management of high severity incidents when required
* Excellent and in-depth understanding of application infrastructure on-premise and cloud
* In-depth knowledge of AWS architecture services and build/release process
* In depth knowledge of Oracle
* Experience in a 24x7 production environment, especially one based on Linux/Unix
* Experience with SQL scripts and database administration preferred
* Development of systems management and administration automation in an advanced scripting language
* Proven experience managing an application support team in an ITIL environment
* Extensive experience in ITIL based service management environment promoting a service quality culture across IT
* Proven leader and motivator of IT staff, leading by example to encourage, mentor and develop staff to get the absolute best levels of staff performance and motivation.
* Excellent communications skills, able to effectively communicate at all levels delivering difficult messages in a clear, concise and professional manner.
* Proven ability to negotiate at all levels across IT, suppliers and the business community under difficult circumstances.
* Extensive knowledge of project lifecycles and delivery
* Knowledge of travel related applications/IT architecture and customer needs
* Proven capability to meet and exceed performance targets
* Strong team player with ability to challenge, provide leadership and coaching
* Proven ability to work with third party service providers