Azure Engineer - Azure Certified - SC Cleared - Remote
Azure Engineer - Azure Certified - SC Cleared required. An Azure Engineer who holds Azure certifications and current SC Clearance is required by Montash's client, a leading consultancy, based in the South West (contract will initially be remote) on an initial seven month contract.
This is a hands-on role for an Azure Engineer to work within an agile team. The main activity is the deployment of required resources on to Azure, in line with design documentation, to assist in the migration of the client's existing system from datacenters into the Cloud. A secondary activity is the deployment of Azure resources to support the evaluation of software for the client's new platform.
The Azure Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Deployment of Azure resources in-line with the architectural design for the migration to the cloud.
- Facilitating migration approaches that may make use of any appropriate Azure migration services. E.g. Azure Database Migration Service.
- Ability to define infrastructure as code, using an infrastructure deployment tool (ideally Terraform), to allow infrastructure to be deployed in a consistent, reproducible and version-controlled manner.
- Feed into the Agile team any Azure technical knowledge or experience that could assist in the migration.
The Azure Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- One or more of the following Azure certifications are desirable: -
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Experience developing, migrating and integrating customer workloads into Azure.
- Experience in developing and deploying infrastructure as code (Terraform preferable).
- Experience with containerisation principles and frameworks - Kubenetes is desirable.
- Able to talk about previous projects where Azure deployments/migrations have been completed and any lessons learnt from that.
- Experience/knowledge around deploying/using Azure Managed SQL would be beneficial.
- Experience in SQL Server 2008 R2 as well as more modern versions would be beneficial.
- Experience in administration of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Server 2016 would be beneficial.
- Ability to work in an Agile way as part of an Agile team.
- Ability to identify key project stakeholders and contacts and work closely with them where necessary.
If you are a good fit please apply immediately.