Cloud Architect- London
MY client is leading a Digital revolution in Insurance, building a more sustainable business and finding innovative new ways to keep their customers safe, secure and informed.
The Cloud Programme is the biggest investment programme of any financial institution. We use the latest technology and work alongside leading suppliers to deliver a global automated, reliable and scalable cloud platform.
The platform is currently deployed to support the UK business. The next stage in our journey is to scale the platform globally.
As a Cloud Architect you will be part of the Cloud Centre of Excellence. This team helps provide consultative, architectural, program and engineering support for our customers' journeys to the cloud. They support and encourage a collaborative approach to Cloud adoption, sharing best practices, helping change the culture of teams and strategic support to ensure success. Our Cloud Architects play a key role in designing and delivering innovative cloud solutions to our customers.
How will you spend your days?
- Lead the technical delivery and design of the underlying global cloud platform and application projects
- Evaluating cloud architecture designs against best practices
- Focusing on our customers to ensure a successful delivery of value
- Constantly investigating and evaluating industry trends and new cloud technologies for adoption in the cloud platform
- Leading a portfolio of activities and may manage a sub team within the CCoE (Cloud Centre of Excellence) providing best practice and expertise across my clients line of business
- Consulting with business, application and infrastructure teams, providing technical expertise to facilitate the smooth commissioning and transfer of existing (or build of new) applications into the cloud using the latest cloud and open source technologies
- Involvement in designing target cloud architectures from new "born in the cloud" to legacy applications
- Establishing a DevOps culture, building applications under continuous integration and deployment with platform automation in an enterprise environment
How to stand out?
- Passion and enthusiasm for technology and its adoption
- Ability to work with customers to help them deliver their vision
- Keep abreast with developments in the IT industry and retail market space to ensure that the architectures are kept in line with industry standard and only deviate for commercial benefit
- Proficient in AWS technologies and services. AWS certification is an advantage
- Deep understanding of relevant technical areas;
- Amazon Web services (AWS) (e.g. VPC, EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, Lambda, S3, CloudTrail/Watch etc)
- Cloud Architecture (AWS)
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networking and associated function (Quos/filter/routing)
- DNS/AD/Route 53
- Understanding of security principles such as HBAC/RBAC/PAM/MFA
- Automation and Deployment
- Configuration and Lifecycle Management
- CI/CD, DevOps, automated testing and modern SDLC methodologies
- Have demonstrable experience of working closely with defined architecture patterns and standards to create a roadmap for a platform
- A background in business and technology consulting across the lifecycle of information technology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Expert communications and relationship management with strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and active use of industry frameworks and tools (e.g TOGAF, Zachman etc)
- Previous experience in IT Industry standards, services, design, architecture, principles design, architecture views and viewpoint design, building block design, solutions modelling and systems behaviour
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Private Health Care
- A competitive pension package
- 25 days holiday
- Remote work offered