Electronic Cost Engineer needed. An Electronic company is in need of an Electronic Cost Engineer to start ASAP on a 3 month+ contract (with likelihood of extension) in Milton Keynes.
The Cost Engineer will be able to manage the DFM/DFT core processes as well as the VA/VE process for a complex opto-electronical product from design start to SOP.
The responsibilities of the Cost Engineer include:
- To work very closely with the Product Development Director and the product development team to provide input on best in class manufacturability (DFM/DFT) requirements to drive cost reduction throughout the complete design cycle.
- To be the champion of all VA/VE, DFM/DFT related activities during product development within the company and responsible for planning and managing cost reduction projects across the product and supply chain teams
- To be the custodian of the latest BOM costs for all of our products along with forecasted future cost reductions
- To be the primary technical interface into our manufacturing partners for driving cost reduction activities during the industrialization design process.
- To direct and champion manufacturing cost reduction activities with our supply base from a technical perspective
- Responsible for generating cost reduction ideas through product and or manufacturing process enhancement.
- Works with suppliers to identify process/product efficiencies that will reduce overall costs, develops appropriate product specifications to achieve required function at minimum cost.
- Drives Value Add / Value Engineering and Cost Reduction workshops, participates in price benchmarking, teardown activities.
- Manage the ideas and projects in a database and report the status of this activity to the product and supply chain teams and executive management team
- g. Other such reasonable duties within the general scope of the job title, at the Product Manufacturing Director direction
If you fit the role, please apply immediately.