Cost Engineer needed. An Electronic company is in need of an Electronic Cost Engineer to start ASAP on a 3 month+ contract (with likelihood of extension) in Milton Keynes.
You will work directly with internal and external design and manufacturing engineers, as well as executing design changes for cost reduction for the Holographic, Systems and Electronics parts of the product without compromising quality or customer experience.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Purchasing and suppliers to generate ideas
- Study feasibility
- To manage and run the core DFM/DFT, VA/VE processes for a complex automotive grade opto-electronic product from design start to SOP.
- To work very closely with the Product Development Director and the product development team to provide input on best in class manufacturability (DFM/DFT) requirements to drive cost reduction throughout the complete design cycle.
- To be the champion of all VA/VE, DFM/DFT related activities during product development within the company and responsible for planning and managing cost reduction projects across the product and supply chain teams
- To be the custodian of the latest BOM costs for all of our products along with forecasted future cost reductions
- To be the primary technical interface into our manufacturing partners for driving cost reduction activities during the industrialisation design process.
- To direct and champion manufacturing cost reduction activities with our supply base from a technical perspective
- Responsible for generating cost reduction ideas through product and or manufacturing process enhancement.
- Works with suppliers to identify process/product efficiencies that will reduce overall costs, develops appropriate product specifications to achieve required function at minimum cost
- Drives Value Add / Value Engineering and Cost Reduction workshops, participates in price benchmarking, teardown activities.
- Manage the ideas and projects in a database and report the status of this activity to the product and supply chain teams and executive management team.
If you fit this role, please apply ASAP.