A global leader in Travel Management is seeking a Data Engineer to join their pricing and consolidation team.
This is a very exciting and unique opportunity that will offer fantastic career progression with a real chance to grow within the business.
As a data Engineer, you will:
- Provide automation on diverse data feeds into our lake
- Interface with third parties to setup secure feed connections
Design and implement complex data pipelines allowing matching and linking of data sets, liaise with Data Scientists to review proposed implementations for data pipelines.
- Liaise with Data Architect to review proposed data model for our BI solutions.
- Ensure performance of the data sets stored in the lake
- Integrate with an Agile Scrum team
- Effectively communicate with the rest of the Scrum team (Product Owner, Data Scientist, Data Architect, Developer, QA, and Business Analysts).
Technical Skills Required:
- Hadoop data movement toolset:
- Knowledge of the Cazena product or Cloudera distribution
- Experienced with SQOOP, HIVE and Spark, Scala
- Experienced with Oozie and Hue
- Experience working with Development Collaboration Suite (Rally, JIRA, HP QC, SharePoint or equivalent)
- ETL tools (Informatica or equivalent)
- RESTful APIs for provisioning data into a big data system
- Configuration Management/Continuous Integration (Git, Jenkins or equivalent)
- Data warehousing concepts (star schema and equivalent) with ideally experience feeding Business Intelligence Platforms (Cognos, Tableau or equivalent)
- Experience working with sensitive data (PCI, PII) and how to secure them for data analytics usage.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 3 years+ experience in industrialisation of data feeds to Hadoop cluster in a managed way.
- Bonus points for Travel industry experience
This role is based full time in the UK and our client is unable to provide sponsorship.
You can apply for this role now by sending me your CV or messaging me direct.