Data Scientist - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - 6 Months, Freelance Contract
Montash are engaged with a globally recognised brand in Amsterdam, to secure a Data Scientist on a freelance basis.
The Role: Data Scientist
The successful candidate will design and build analytics solutions and products to deliver superior business outcomes, across all aspects of the business.
Exceptional candidates will also show an analytical curiosity, going beyond the immediate requirements of the project to find deep insights that others have missed.
As a Data Scientist, you will be involved in:
* Feature engineering, building and optimizing classifiers, applying machine learning and deep learning expertise
* Blending data from disparate sources, mining the resulting data lake to build models
* Exposing prototypes and managing feedback loops that improve the utility of the implementation
* Working with engineering team to implement models efficiently
* Working with a customer / product team to ensure that problem requirements are met
* Conducting ad-hoc analysis and innovation around data visualization
The Data Scientist profile we are looking for, will have experience with:
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc..
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc..
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Relational SQL databases, including SQL server and Postgres
Ideally the Data Scientist will have worked / been involved with:
* Building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
* Performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
* Scheduling/automating scripts
* Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets
* Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
* A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
* Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment