DevOps Engineer required. Montash are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their client, who are a bank, on an initial six month contract based in the City.
The DevOps Engineer will be implementing CI/CD pipelines and DevOps best practices while working closely with the development, data, infrastructure and security teams in an Agile environment. The DevOps Engineer will have considerable experience creating automated build and deployment pipelines in Windows/Azure and .NET environments. The DevOps Engineer will be adept at building deployment pipelines from scratch and will have demonstrable experience using a range of best-of-breed tools. The DevOps Engineer will have worked within the full software development lifecycle using modern software practices.
The DevOps Engineer will have the following experience:
- Demonstrable relevant technical experience with common & modern continuous integration, testing, delivery and monitoring tools
- The ability to engage with and influence others within the product and platform teams
- Proven experience in building and maintaining the CI/CT/CD/CM pipelines
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies
- 5+ years working with the Microsoft stack
- Ideally software development experience
- Working within a structured SDLC environment
- Experience in assisting corporations to transition to Agile\DevOps
- Experience of liaising directly with users (both written and verbal) required
- Experience in regulatory environments.
Technical / Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- 3 years in a DevOps role
- Exposure to Agile
- MS Technical Stack
- Terraform, Docker
- Demonstrable experience implementing a CI/CT/CD/CM pipeline
- Experience with application & infrastructure monitoring
- Knowledge of configuring and maintaining code testing, scanning & analysis, database versioning, package management, provisioning, configuration and security tools, etc. common to a delivery pipeline
- Good understanding of Security as it applies to CI/CD
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the following:
Strategy / Planning / Organisation
- Implement and mature Continuous Integration, Delivery and Monitoring pipeline
- Drive Continuous Improvement across the Product & Platform Teams
- Assist the Head of Development Operations in proposing, showcasing and implementing Better Ways of Working
- Identify and mitigate technical risks and issues in collaboration with colleagues
- Own the delivery of strategy
- Support and work with the Head of Development Operations to develop and maintain the DevOps strategy and align this with the SDLC
- Identify and remove obstacles that may affect delivery
- Work on trialing and testing new technologies and toolsets as appropriate
- Support, docs, training, quality control
- Report all issues of regulatory concern to the CRO, Compliance and Legal Departments
Risk Management / Controls and Compliance
- Manage and maintain the devops backlog including technical debt as well as innovation roadmap
Leadership / People / Teamwork
- Work with the Product and Platform teams and vendors to guide and advise on optimal and standardised development, integration, delivery, testing and monitoring solutions.
- Mentor colleagues on best practices, tools and approaches.
- Ensure the appropriate training and mentoring is provided for technical staff members.
- Showcase value through measurement and monitoring, improved quality and speed to market.
- Work with the stakeholders and business to break down the perceived barriers of technology.
- Contribute to technology showcases, demonstrations and show & tells.
If you are a good fit for this please apply immediately.