Freelance DevOPs Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer
I am currently working with a global energy company based in Essen that is looking for a Freelance DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer for the development of a digital B2B product.
- DevOps Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer
- 6 Month Contract
- Minimum 3 days a week on site in Essen
- Rate Negotiable
- English Speaking
- Experience setting up CI + CD for multiple projects with various tools covering build, package, test, deploy, verify, rollback
- Understanding of pipeline-as-code, both greenfield (from scratch) and improving existing pipelines for CI/ CD
- Skills must include: Git, Linux, AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, JVM (deploy / tune / monitor / manage), Maven, SBT
- Can differentiate IaaS vs PaaS vs SaaS from development, performance and operational perspectives (also able to factor in projected-costs of infrastructure where relevant to decisions)
Nice to Have:
- SSL/ TLS/ Certificates for securing browser communications / inter-application communication / user authentication.
- SRE (Site Reliability Engineering)
- HA (High Availability)
- DR (Disaster Recovery)
- Load Testing + Optimisation
- Capacity Planning
- Scaling at various levels (horizontal vs vertical and levels e.g. containers / services / nodes/ data-centres) *
If this sounds like a project that you may be interested in then do not hesitate to reach out.