Location: Perth and 2 days working from home
Role: DevOps / Cloud Engineer
Salary: £40-58K + bens
Skills: cloud, aws, linux, unix, bash, python, ruby, git, jenkins, puppet, chef, salt, ansible, SQL, Oracle, databases.
Our client are looking for a self-starter with a passion for service and for extending your knowledge base as well as technical leadership experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and expansion of automated provisioning and deployment processes.
- AWS Instance Creation (EC2), Configuration, and Maintenance.
- Automating AWS tasks using AWS tools, sdks, cloud formation scripts, command line tools.
- Ensure proper uptime, rollback capabilities, load balancing configuration, database configurations, backups, for all environments.
- Disaster Recovery preparedness with multi-zone and/or multi-region options.
- Communicate with development teams to create new customer builds or environments.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience with cloud services (ideally AWS), hosting applications and services on Prod and Non Prod.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and Windows and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores (we use Oracle, MSSQL and Postgresql).
- Familiarity with continuous deployment methodology and other common DevOps tools including Git, Jenkins, XLRelease/Deploy, Bladelogic and configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Ansible.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, including Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.
- A commitment to best practices. We'll want your opinions on operational processes, DevOps, deployment checklists, and more.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors and partners, and across all levels of the organisation.
- You like being part of a team and enjoy working with other engineers.
- You're a great communicator and are capable of not just doing the work, but teaching others and explaining the "why" behind complicated technical decisions.
- You're open to good ideas, wherever they come from.
- You aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves: This role will evolve over time, and we'll want you to evolve with it!
If you possess the above with solid written and communication skills apply NOW!!!