My client a global E-commerce company are currently looking for a Enterprise Architect to join their established team.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud-based solutions to leapfrog my client's capabilities.
To shape and manage future direction of my client's technology architecture, with a primary focus on the Integration among other domains, by:
- Developing and maintaining alignment with architecture principles, architectural security standards, patterns etc.
- Work closely with Solution Architects and other senior IT designers to ensure integration architecture elements of projects are included.
- Conduct and/or provide input into the selection of vendor solutions highlighting strengths, weakness and strategic alignment making clear recommendations.
- Ensure that a mechanism is in place for integration knowledge transfer within the architecture team delivering assurance of consistent designs and services across the team.
- A key Contributor to the development of technology strategy and architectural policy
- Acting as Technical Design Authority. Review and assess requests that deviate from the published technical strategies, policies and standards.
- Building and subsequently maintaining capability and technology roadmaps that define how integration-centric platforms and working practices, data & applications, are kept up to date providing maximum productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Review, align and prioritise projects so that work is not unnecessarily duplicated and is correctly sequenced against known dependencies.
- Maintaining key enterprise architecture artefacts (e.g. roadmaps, target states etc.) for each of the major areas of the business showing how we evolve the IT architecture in place over time as the company grows.
Key Skills Required:
This role requires a combination of integration, IT, stakeholder management and leadership skills, and the ability to bridge business and IT issues assimilating the key business requirements that drive the architecture. Being an inspiring and engaging communicator is a key requirement of this role.
The individual therefore should be able to or have:
- Strong enterprise architecture skills, particularly in bridging strategic business requirements and the IT architectures & roadmaps needed to deliver against them
- Acknowledged specialist skills in IT integration
- Expertise in technical integration approaches such as APIs, event-driven architectures, batch data integration etc.
- Background in the use of integration and big data technologies to create a 'data fabric' or 'data platform'
- Experience operating with different IT delivery approaches such as agile, waterfall, iterative etc.
- An understanding of total cost ownership of IT assets and functions
- Have a good appreciation of solution architecture, software and solution delivery practices, IT infrastructure and application architecture.
- Familiarity with patterns, practices and frameworks of Enterprise Architecture.
- Be confident in presenting technical architecture and strategy to both and IT and business audience.
- Be a business-focussed, creative, innovative pragmatic and positive team player.
If you are interested in the above, please apply now.