Freelance Java Developer
Duration: 6 months initially with a possibility to extend.
Remote working: 1 or 2 days working remote is an option
I am currently working with a leading insurance client that is seeking an experienced Java Developer for a long term project.
The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
Key Required Skills: Experience with Java, Spring Boot, Agile Development, and MicroServices Architecture
- Programming skills in Java and JEE technologies.
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot and Web Services
- Experience working on Agile projects and strong knowledge of Agile terminology and tools including VersionOne/JIRA.
- Working Knowledge of PaaS offerings such as Red Hat OpenShift and Docker. Knowledge in AWS would be highly advantageous.
- Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira
- Hands-on Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API.
- Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks) & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with JEE technologies including Struts 2, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, and Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate
- Strong communication and documentation skills. Both in English and German.