Freelance Java Developer
Location: Berlin (4 days on site & 1 day remotely)
Duration: 8 months (with an option to renew for another year)
I am currently working with an international company based in Berlin that is seeking an experienced Software Developer for a long-term project. Tech stack: Java, AWS, MicroServices, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, CI/CD. The project will be 4 days onsite in Berlin. German language is not required.
This opportunity is highly cross-functional, requiring you to leverage your organizational skills to inspire a team of technologists, product managers, and operational teams toward a unified vision.
This is the ideal opportunity for an individual who enjoys working on complex, multi-platform systems at a fast paced organization.
- As part of a cross-functional Agile team, the Java Developer coordinates with team members to follow best practices, plan work, and communicate on progress.
- Hands-on experience architecting and building scalable production backend services in the Cloud using Java/Spring.
- Experience designing, building and evangelizing REST APIs.
- Experience working with common modern cloud technologies/tools like Kafka, Elastic, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
- Hands-on experience building modern frontends using Angular. Strong understanding of HTML and CSS fundamentals, would be highly advantageous.
- Experience working with Agile Scrum, Kanban, XP, or similar Agile frameworks