Location: Remote (client is based in Berlin)
Duration: 3 months rolling contract
Project Language: English
Currently I am working with an international InsurTech company in Berlin that is currently experiencing tremendous growth. We are looking for an experienced Senior Kubernetes Engineer for a 3 month rolling contract.
The ideal candidate will bring deep expertise designing and supporting highly-scalable, highly-available infrastructure and applications in Kubernetes as well as promoting microservice design patterns in complex working environments.
You will serve as a subject matter expert on all aspects of our containerized deployments, including deployment, configuration, scaling, and upgrades. Furthermore you will provide technical leadership in the team as the subject matter expert on Kubernetes for complex and highly available production system.
- Significant real world, production expertise in the deployment, management, and monitor of Kubernetes:
- Architecting production EKS and On-Prem Kubernetes clusters. Rancher experience a plus.
- Configuring and designing service mesh and discovery using LinkerD, Consul, or Istio.
- Experience working with Kubernetes ingress services such as Contour and Envoy
- Design and automate microservice Gitops workflows with tools such as Ansible and Flagger
- Automating cluster deployments using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and Packer
- Designing and automating backup policies using S3 and Minio
- Building Observability solutions and exposing metrics that feed SLO's and KPI's
- Developing custom modules or tooling to simplify the management of multiple clusters
- Minimizing and hardening microservices and public-facing API gateway attack surface
- Strong background in developing SRE practices and promoting a DevOps culture
- Continuous delivery using tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and Kubernetes
- Observability, capacity planning, system and service performance analysis and tuning
- Orchestrating multi-cloud and on-premise resources using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Rancher
- Debugging problems in production and test environments
- Advising developers on best practices applicable to the environment, and maintaining high-volume clusters in multiple datacenters
- Developing automation that improves deployment speed and service reliability in the containerized environment.
- Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, Azure AKS, Rancher
- Configuration management: Ansible Tower, Terraform, Packer
- Operating Systems: Linux (Mostly Red Hat) and Windows Server
- Containerization and virtualization technologies: Docker Enterprise, Rancher, AWS, Azure, VMWare
- Metrics and monitoring: statsd, ELK, PagerDuty, Slack, Prometheus
- Messaging: Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Databases: Couchbase (NoSQL, N1QL), memcached, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- L2-L7 frame/packet/session inspection: netflow, WAF, pcap
- Other tooling: Linkerd, Contour, Hashicorp Consul and Vault, Open Policy Agent
Please note that for this particular position - we can only consider candidates already based in Germany and registered as a "Freiberufler".