Freelance Software Engineer - Microservices / Java / AWS
Duration: 6 Months (with a possibility to extend)
Location: Munich- with some remote work.
You will work with the Cloud Microservices Team to build out our new AWS-based microservices architecture to replace our legacy monoliths.
Not only will you be developing new microservices, you'll also be helping us improve our overall deployment and release practices to ensure stable and secure deliverables to production.
About this role:
- You'll build out our new microservice-based architecture to replace our monolithic architecture and greatly scale our capacity.
- You'll improve the overall build, packaging, automation, monitoring, and deployment process.
- You'll create transition strategies for migrating data and services from our existing monoliths.
- You'll write reusable service templates that demonstrate best practices in regards to AWS security and scalability.
- You'll engage and coordinate with other internal engineering and operations teams to complete complex product features.
- You'll solve high priority customer issues and get fixes deployed with a fast turnaround time
- Experience with open source JAVA libraries (Hibernate, Spring, Apache Commons).
- 2-4 years of experience with RESTFUL web services and Microservice architecture.
- Microservices, Springboot
- Experience with test driven development (TDD) is a must
- Experience in web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON and SOAP/WSDL
- Application Servers - TOMCAT
- Analyse data using Apache Spark, Hadoop, ELK and Qlik.