Position: Senior Java/Kafka Developer
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Frankfurt (remote/home working available)
Duration: 6 Months - extension likely
I am working with a Global Company that is seeking a Senior Developer to build a next-generation internal data platform for large scale data processing.
You are at the intersection of data, engineering, and product, and run the strategy and tactics of how we store and process massive amounts of performance metrics and other data we measure from our customer's database servers.
Technology stack: Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, SQL. Knowledge of container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker) as-well as open source technologies is preferred.
You value the craftsmanship of clean and efficient code as well as solving problems using the most appropriate technology.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of data or software engineering experience (Java)
- 3+ years of experience with data engineering technologies at scale
- Extensive experience with a modern data pipeline ecosystem
- Proficient in at least one SQL dialect
- Strong skills in Spring Boot
- Experience with work flow management tools
- Experience with a scalable messaging system (e.g Kafka, SQS, Kinesis) and different data serialisation (e.g. json, protobuf, avro)
- A consistent track record of on-time delivery with high quality
- Ability to interpret and analyse data
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Has an understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture
- Experience with Spark, Hive, Presto
- Experience with Openshift and Kibana is desired
- Experience with Kafka, json, avro
- C1 German Speaking and Writing