Montash are engaged with a large insurance company that are looking to a junior-mid level developer to join a small but expanding technically astute, collaborative team.
Responsibilities include the scoping, outline design, effort estimation, development, quality assurance and release management & change control activities associated with project delivery and BAU support across the full SDLC. You will be accountable for quality and on-time delivery, working to SLAs and project deadlines.
- Design, development, support and improvement of business enhancing technology solutions,
- Adherence to all development, architectural and governance standards.
- Maintain an agile approach to development and support work
- Provision of technical design documentation and technical handover documentation to ensure supportability of solutions by other team members.
- Investigate, analyse and provide resolutions to reported issues in line with SLAs
- Be innovative and look for opportunities where technology solutions can improve business processes resulting in efficiency gains.
- Adherence to all regulatory and audit requirements.
- An in-depth understanding of the software development life cycle, including but not limited to customer requirements gathering, data modelling, application analysis, development including UI design, testing, documentation, system acceptance and post migration validation
- Experience in developing web services, web service APIs, as well as implementing code to consume existing APIs.
- Experience providing operational support.
- Experienced in working with delivery methodologies including Scrum and Kanban.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-sufficient and dynamic.