Montash are currently partnered with a rapidly growing tech company to find an exceptional Head of Data Science to lead their existing team of 7 passionate data scientists.
The Head of Data Science in an integral member of the senior leadership team who will be responsible for leading the strategy, advising on business capability, defining the direction, structure, and standards for the Data Science division.
This is a great opportunity for a Lead Data Scientist with previous managerial responsibilities who is looking to be a little less hands on.
- You will be responsible for recruiting and growing the team as the company plan to double its Data Science division by the end of 2020.
- Develop and implement end-to-end best practices covering model design, development, management, test and deployment.
- Continuously innovates and drives thought leadership to evolve machine learning capabilities to support business strategy.
- Experience in leading and developing high performing data science teams and delivering advanced analytic solutions in large scale environment.
- Experience managing a small team
- Experience of delivering successful and high-value data science initiatives within an organisation.
- Outstanding stakeholder, demand and resource management skills and great communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of data science tools, including, python coding, SQL and production tools.
- Machine learning experience, with commercial experience using regression, decision trees, random forests, boosting, clustering, GLM
- Minimum MS or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
Unfortunately sponsorship cannot be provided for this role.