Montash have been engaged by a leading client in Luton to source an Operations Manager for an initial 3 month contract based in Luton.
The role is an operational role, and the client are looking for someone to head up service ownership for the desktop experience across Northern Europe. Influence, driving delivery and stakeholder management skills are key to oversee delivery of support services. Role is to lead an end user team, with an emphasis around driving delivery. The role has direct operational accountability for provision of end user computing services and technology, they need to manage, direct and coach an experienced technical team. Need to have been directly accountable for operational services client side.
Experience in operational roles should touch on urgency and importance of service in a context of immediate revenue loss or reputational damage if a service isn't working,
- Proven track record of driving delivery on large scale Office 365 / Windows 10 roll outs (11,000+)
- General Microsoft / helpdesk / support / end user space track record
- Excellent aptitude to drive delivery
- Influencing and Stakeholder management skills
- Very good communication skills
- Able to hit the ground running quickly - anyone who has prior experience of being parachuted in to pull a failing project back on line will be given priority
This role is about providing transformational change. The client are investing substantial resources into updating and improving substantial aspects of the IT infrastructure - those projects are given. You need to define the strategy by which this transformational change in Service Delivery can be achieved through delivering demonstrable benefit from projects. Those benefits need to transform the reality and perception of the services delivered to the end users in order to deliver a step-change in the service offered, business efficiency and perception of IT.
Through your knowledge of ITIL services and experience of how an efficient service operation functions you will be able to undertake end-to-end reviews of the department in order to improve service, increase efficiency and find ways of savings cost or delivering value. The Department is increasing use of Agile and Dev Ops and this will drive changes in changes to department working practices. IT Service Delivery controls over £50m of OPEX and delivering efficiency and finding savings represents an on-going task for the department and the holder of this role.
- Office 365 Phase 1 (AD and Exchange)
- Office 365 Phase 2 (OneDrive and Skype for Business)
- Network Transformation
- Migration to Agile and DevOps
- Improvements in End User Computing, mobility, homeworking and security
- Implementation of HDS2 (bringing new technology to 600 retail shops)
- Migrate the End User Support (including helpdesk and support services) from a unresponsive and laborious service to one of increased responsiveness including increased self-help
What they are looking for:
- Substantial experience in service operations in large and complex organisations including service transformation that delivered tangible benefits to large and complex end user communities.
- Knowledge and extensive experience of end user computing policies, procedures, tools, technologies and issues based around the traditional Microsoft estate and Office 365 (including Exchange, Skype for Business, AD, etc). Exposure to include mobile devices (mobile telephony, tablet computing) and Mobile Device Management technologies including BYOD principles
- Knowledge and extensive experience of helpdesk services and desktop technologies (including integrated toolsets) with a specific specialism in providing technical support (first to third level) in an end user computing environment including an extensive retail estate. Thorough knowledge of SLA development and management.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and motivate IT staff, leading by example to encourage, mentor and develop staff to get the absolute best levels of staff performance and motivation. Able to deal effectively and in a timely manner with any individual performance issues.
- Extensive experience in the implementation of a ITIL based service management environment promoting a service quality culture across IT.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, able to effectively communicate at all levels delivering difficult messages in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate at all levels across IT, suppliers and the business community under difficult circumstances.
- Excellent commercial acumen and proven track record in managing IT budgets and outsourced contracts with a demonstrable ability to challenge third parties to produce and deliver improvement plans with positive outcomes