Head of IT Security
Our client an established Utility Company based in Hampshire, are actively seeking a Head of IT Security to build their Security Function from scratch and have ownership of all aspects of IT and Data Security.
The Head of IT Security will initially be working on a sole basis, as such this role will be very hands on and the successful candidate must have strong technical knowledge and be willing to roll their sleeves up.
- Previous experience building an Information Security Function from scratch
- Experience implementing security in a software house and good knowledge of secure software coding.
- Hands on experience of implementing and maintain SIEM platforms
- Extremely hands on in the identification and remediation of security threats
- Team leadership experience
- B2C experience
- Work with the Director of IT to provide leadership and direction for the Security team and to provide strategic oversight of the function.
- Performing a root and branch review of our security tools, processes, training and standards (including software development standards) and drive their transformation
- Ensure that applications and systems that are developed and maintained are 'secure by design'.
- Create and ensure the adoption of appropriate security and data integrity standards and configurations across the software and hardware solutions.
- Adherence to relevant industry frameworks, standards and certifications such as PCI-DSS, ISO27001, GDPR, etc.
- Accountability for the tools that protect, detect and remediate against breaches of security and data integrity.
- Building a 'secure by default' approach to everything that we do by playing an active role in the design and implementation of new systems and processes;
- Familiar with a range of legacy and next generation application development and infrastructure technologies and architectures (including *aas);
If this Head of IT Security role is of interest, then please apply with an up to date CV.
Head of IT Security