Head of Infrastructure / Head of IT
My client a leading technology company are currently looking for a Head of Infrastructure to join their established team.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud-based solutions to leapfrog my client's capabilities in the technology space.
To be successful in this position you will need to have led a team of infrastructure as code individuals pushing the boundaries of this area. Ideally leading and building teams from scratch to achieve this.
- Responsible for the line management of the Infrastructure and Operations team (systems and storage, networking, databases, servicedesk, field support, automation and monitoring).
- A key focus of this position is to work with internal teams and third-party suppliers to own the governance and performance of IT systems and processes ensuring the provision of robust, cost effective, scalable, fit-for-purpose automated services.
- Ensure that the activities of the team are coordinated and communicated to meet the needs of the wider business and that infrastructure policies are processes are adopted across the organisation.
- Work with the Director of IT to provide leadership and direction for the infrastructure team and to provide strategic oversight of the function.
- Design, implement and maintain reliable, scalable and secure infrastructure platforms both on premise and cloud-based in line with the expectations of the business.
- Build a sustainable team to delivery the latest devops and automation processes within a fast-paced environment.
- Using infrastructure as code methodologies to drive business success.
- Fulfil line management responsibilities for the infrastructure team leads across multi-functional groups, such as approving leave requests, resource planning, conducting annual reviews and other performance appraisals, completing necessary admin to support these tasks.
- Ensure the smooth running of the infrastructure group on a day-to-day basis and constantly review the operating practices and structure within the function to ensure alignment with the wider business strategy.
- Work with IT peers to ensure that the infrastructure function can support the development, testing and release of new systems and functionality through the software release process. (Including, provision of suitable production and non-production environments, monitoring tools, automation, etc)
- Monitor resourcing levels within the infrastructure group and, in association with the Director of IT, act to ensure the group is sufficiently staffed through contract, permanent and third-party resources as appropriate to meet the needs of the business.
- Oversee the recruitment process for the different infrastructure teams, including liaising with external consultancies and conducting interviews.
- Liaise with stakeholders throughout the organisation to ensure the alignment and prioritisation of resource in line with business priorities.
- Participate in strategic company initiatives to help improve the standing of the company such as contributing to ISO standards certification and company job evaluations.
- Periodically evaluate partners and new technologies to identify those that could benefit the business.
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent professional qualification plus more than 5 years' experience in a hands-on infrastructure as code role.
- Will need to be able to develop and maintain a broad understanding of the end-to-end business processes to ensure that areas where IT can deliver efficiency and quality improvements and deliver competitive advantage are identified and exploited.
- At least 5 years' experience of team leadership, management and/or mentoring staff in a senior management role, including work allocation, performance reviews and associated HR administrative tasks. Some of this experience should include leading multi-functional teams.
- At least 3 years working within a regulated environment.
- High level of business acumen and experience in aligning infrastructure and business requirements to deliver competitive advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business, especially at senior management/board level.
You will also be rewarded with a very competitive salary and benefit / bonus structure.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now.