Head of Service Delivery / Senior Service Delivery Manager
My client a leading technology company are currently looking for a Head of Service Delivery to join their established team.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud-based solutions to leapfrog my client's capabilities in the technology space.
To be successful in your application you will have previously built teams from the ground up within emerging technologies / methodologies, these may include - Devops, automation and infrastructure as code.
- Responsible for the line management of the Service Delivery function that covers Process Management (inc ITIL), Continual Service Improvement, Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis, Project Management and Vendor Management.
- A key focus of this position is to work with internal teams and third party suppliers to own the governance and performance of IT systems and processes ensuring the provision of robust, cost effective, scalable, fit-for-purpose services.
- Ensure that the activities of the Service Delivery team are coordinated and communicated to meet the needs of the wider business and that Service Delivery policies are processes are adopted across the organisation and by external providers.
- Work with the Director of IT to provide leadership and direction for the Service Delivery team and to provide strategic oversight of the function.
- Ensure that the IT service is smooth running and aligned to the needs of the business with sufficient governance, transparency and insightful reporting.
- Set strategies for IT Service Management (ITSM) that supports the strategic needs of IT and the business
- Ownership of ITSM tools and platforms ensuring adopting, applying and maintaining appropriate configurations, workflows, etc
- Accountable for the adoption of, and adherence to, ITIL processes (and other relevant compliance frameworks)
- Define and police SLAs and OLAs related to all ITIL processes in line with the requirements of the business (in particular Incident, Problem and Change Management)
- Ensures the creation of timely, professional and relevant communications to stakeholders across the business (particularly in relation to Major Incident Management)
- Create and maintain fit-for-purpose reporting frameworks across the different stakeholder groups
- Develop organisational commitment to ongoing quality and ensures that agreed quality standards are adhered to and that best practice is promulgated throughout the organisation.
- Accountability for the performance of third-party vendors and service providers to ensure products and services are in line with the expectations of the IT and business stakeholders
- Regularly interact with business and IT leaders to understand opportunities for vendors to improve and enhance offerings
- Ensure that new services are on-boarded in a timely and efficient manner
- Build strategic partnerships with key suppliers and host regular service reviews
- Actively seek to leverage economies and efficiencies of scale through supplier consolidation whilst managing the risks associated with a reduced supplier base
Business Relationship Management
- Provide an interface between IT and the business to identify opportunities for technology to deliver competitive advantage
- Provide timely, professional and relevant communications to stakeholders across the business
- Establish and monitor value metrics to inform decisions and priorities initiatives
- Create and maintain reports, dashboards and communication frameworks aligned to the varying needs of the different stakeholder groups
- Fulfil line management responsibilities for the Service Delivery team leads across multi-functional groups, such as approving leave requests, resource planning, conducting annual reviews and other performance appraisals, completing necessary admin to support these tasks.
- Work with IT peers to ensure that the Service Delivery function can support the introduction of new systems and functionality through the software release process.
- Monitor resourcing levels within the Service Delivery group and, in association with the Director of IT, act to ensure the group is sufficiently staffed through contract, permanent and third-party resources as appropriate to meet the needs of the business.
- Arrange required training for group members to ensure that skills are regularly updated to leverage technologies and methodologies that can deliver competitive advantage to the business.
- Oversee the recruitment process for the different Service Delivery teams, including liaising with external consultancies and conducting interviews.
- Participate in strategic company initiatives to help improve the standing of the company such as contributing to ISO standards certification and company job evaluations.
- Assume responsibilities of Director of IT during periods of holiday/absence (attend board meetings, handle escalations, etc.).
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent professional qualification plus more than 5 years' experience in a hands-on Service Delivery role.
- Will need to be able to develop and maintain a broad understanding of the end-to-end business processes to ensure that areas where IT can deliver efficiency and quality improvements and deliver competitive advantage are identified and exploited.
- At least 5 years' experience of team leadership, management and/or mentoring staff in a senior management role, including work allocation, performance reviews and associated HR administrative tasks. Some of this experience should include leading multi-functional teams.
- High level of business acumen and experience in aligning infrastructure to business requirements to deliver competitive advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business, especially at senior management/board level.
You will also be rewarded with a very competitive salary and benefit / bonus structure.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now.