Montash have been engaged by a leading UK Consultancy to source a SC Cleared Helpdesk Manager for an initial 3 month contract based in London.
The role has management and leadership responsibility and you must hold SC Clearance. You will be managing a 2nd line support team and must have had experience doing so, with experience in MS365.
The Helpdesk Manager will coordinate the operation, support, maintenance and improvement of the digital/technology parts of the end-to-end service. The role will be the central point of expertise that operates and keeps developing the product and the service it delivers. The post holder will co-ordinate the overall workload management.
- Accountable for all aspects of digital/technology live service support and improvement for the end-to-end service (enabled by the product) delivered to the customer.
- Manage and control the digital and technology assets, resources, subscriptions and calendar of activities (primarily Microsoft updates) needed to keep the end-to-end service operating efficiently and effectively.
- Coordination of the multiple providers and suppliers involved in delivering the end-to-end service, both internal and external.
- Ensuring that operational methods, procedures, documentation, facilities and tools are established, reviewed and improved continuously.
- Identify and make improvements to the live operational service. Be proactive in making suggestions for improvements, providing options and recommendations.
- Ensure that 2nd line support staff are effectively managed and understand their role.
- Prepare and maintain analysis and knowledge of the product and look at any trends with service and make suggestions as to how they can be improved. Provide management information on a regular basis and continually review how this can be improved to meet the needs of the various stakeholders.
- Analyse and understand the technical and practical details about how Office 365 works, serves user needs and how it can be improved.
- Responsible for any necessary communications.
- Co-ordinate escalations, major and security incidents as process requires.
- Work with the technical lead and their staff to co-ordinate and support information they need to complete their tasks (e.g. investigating complex issues).
- Being able to communicate (written and verbal) with senior stakeholders and dealing with high profile user calls, ensuring successful and speedy resolution.
- Act as a central contact point for all digital and technology matters.
- Build a close and trusting relationship with the Service Manager who is ultimately accountable for the end-to-end service, supporting them in the development and operation of the service.
- Manage other service resolution for other products when required.
- Ensure written training material and guides are kept up to date and written in plain English.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate
- Knowledge and experience of administering MS365 (at 2nd line level).
- Experience of managing an IT Service Desk.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint (as described by most external courses);
- Knowledge of the different operating systems/devices highly desirable, however Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and iOS is essential.
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Experience of dealing with incident, problem and change management processes.
- Being able to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders clearly and concisely. For example, explaining a complex (technical) incident in plain English.
- Production of support documentation and training materials for both internal support teams and customers.
- Being able to deliver training to colleagues and customers;
- Experience of a call logging systems (Service Now highly desirable).
- Experience of managing a complex workload.
MUST HAVE SC CLEARANCE