Helpdesk Manager required. A Helpdesk Manager is required by one of Montash's clients, a leading IT company based in London, on an initial six month contract.
The programme includes creating high quality digital products and services, updating and replacing technology, speeding up and streamlining working practices, refurbishing buildings to reduce maintenance costs and provide much improved services for service users, especially vulnerable witnesses and victims.
The role has management and leadership responsibility. The Microsoft Office 365 (MS365) instance, used by c25,000 users across England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland, providing a helpdesk service to its users. The post holder will also manage a small 2nd line support team.
The Helpdesk Manager will coordinate the operation, support, maintenance and improvement of the digital/technology parts of the end-to-end service. The role will be the central point of expertise that operates and keeps developing the product and the service it delivers. The post holder will co-ordinate the overall workload management.
- Accountable for all aspects of digital/technology live service support and improvement for the end-to-end service (enabled by the product) delivered to the customer.
- Manage and control the digital and technology assets, resources, subscriptions and calendar of activities (primarily Microsoft updates) needed to keep the end-to-end service operating efficiently and effectively.
- Coordination of the multiple providers and suppliers involved in delivering the end-to-end service, both internal and external.
- Ensuring that operational methods, procedures, documentation, facilities and tools are established, reviewed and improved continuously.
- Identify and make improvements to the live operational service. Be proactive in making suggestions for improvements, providing options and recommendations.
- Ensure that 2nd line support staff are effectively managed and understand their role.
- Prepare and maintain analysis and knowledge of the product and look at any trends with service and make suggestions as to how they can be improved. Provide management information on a regular basis and continually review how this can be improved to meet the needs of the various stakeholders.
- Analyse and understand the technical and practical details about how Office 365 works, serves user needs and how it can be improved.
- Responsible for any necessary communications.
- Co-ordinate escalations, major and security incidents as process requires.
- Work with the technical lead and their staff to co-ordinate and support information they need to complete their tasks (e.g. investigating complex issues).
- Being able to communicate (written and verbal) with senior stakeholders and dealing with high profile user calls, ensuring successful and speedy resolution.
- Act as a central contact point for all digital and technology matters.
- Build a close and trusting relationship with the Service Manager who is ultimately accountable for the end-to-end service, supporting them in the development and operation of the service.
- Manage other service resolution for other products when required.
- Ensure written training material and guides are kept up to date and written in plain English.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate
- Knowledge and experience of administering MS365 (at 2nd line level).
- Experience of managing an IT Service Desk.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint (as described by most external courses);
- Knowledge of the different operating systems/devices highly desirable, however Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and iOS is essential.
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Experience of dealing with incident, problem and change management processes.
- Being able to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders clearly and concisely. For example, explaining a complex (technical) incident in plain English.
- Production of support documentation and training materials for both internal support teams and customers.
- Being able to deliver training to colleagues and customers;
- Experience of a call logging systems (Service Now highly desirable).
- Experience of managing a complex workload.
If you are a good fit please apply immediately.