Infrastructure Engineer - Azure needed. An Infrastructure Engineer - Azure is required by Montash's client, a leading manufacturer based in Manchester, on an initial six-month contract.
The Infrastructure Engineer - Azure will manage client engagements, Azure platform engineering and take the role as solution manager for any implementation work carried out for a given customer internal or external.
The Infrastructure Engineer - Azure will be responsible for the following Consultancy and design
- Providing technical leadership on Windows Azure infrastructure services
- Applying technical competence and experience to develop innovative and realisable designs within required timescales and to documented customer requirements. Working with stakeholders to ascertain detailed design information. Undertake lab testing when required to validate features in simulations that are representative of real-life scenarios
- Ensuring that the design fits Service Delivery and Service Assurance needs through appropriate agreement, approval, documentation and training
- Challenging the 'status quo' to ensure we are delivering benefits to the business and making the most of cloud based technologies
- Act as the technical design authority creating and / or validating Designs created or delivered by other engineers in Group Infrastructure or Enterprise Architecture teams
- Provide 3rd level support to Group operations upon requests issued by internal IT teams in country or escalated as appropriate. On occasion, assist Service Delivery in the implementation of solutions and troubleshooting of failures or problems
Key: Hands-on Operational Experience
- Hands-on experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform and Mobile Solutions with IaaS and PasS migration, development and support
- Solution, Design and Implement Azure Logic App with API Management
- Expertise in Azure Infrastructure Solution and Capacity Planning
- Expertise and detailed knowledge in Azure PaaS services like Azure App services, Azure Active Directory, Azure Data Factory, Service Bus, Event hub, Azure storage, Azure NoSql, Application Insights and Azure Sql database
- Experience of hardening Azure solutions for productive use, including tuning and scaling Experience in DevOps with Azure
The Infrastructure Engineer - Azure will have the following skills/experience:
- Microsoft Server up to 2012 R2
- Microsoft Technologies - Azure, Office365, Active Directory
- IP Networking, VLAN, Firewall, VPN experience is a strong requirement
- Demonstrable experience of Azure Deployments within the last 12 months for production workload is essential
The Infrastructure Engineer - Azure will ideally have the following skills/experience:
- SQL Server, SharePoint, Lync/ OCS - Voice/Video integration, Active Directory /DNS, LDAP, Microsoft Clustering, IIS.
- Additional Networking Technologies - layer 2 data centre access/ virtual access layer switching, vlans, vlan trunking, firewalls, secure application gateways / reverse proxies, SSL offloading, load balancing.
- MPLS/ VPLS, DNS (BIND& Microsoft DNS), voice/video integration - SIP, IP-PBX, SBC.
- Cisco/ HP/Arista Networking
If you are a good fit please apply immediately.