IT Development Offshore Manager required by one of Montash's clients, who are a leading investment bank in London, on an initial three month contract.
The IT Development Offshore Manager will sit within Risk Systems. The Risk Systems Development team is in charge of developing the IT application, software, interfaces and tools allowing the Risk practitioners to analyse and manage the market, counterparty and credit risks taken by the bank. The IT development team is composed of 120 people based in London, Paris, Brussel, New York and Mumbai.
The IT Development Offshore Manager will be responsible to leverage the Risk Development Hub in India and oversee the various activities to ensure active communication between the IT Development teams and the offshore team. The consultant will be expected to act as a liaison and present/translate the information without losing its meaning and in a lingo that is best understandable by the teams. The consultant will need to maintain transparency in the process, keep the Head of the IT Development updated on the progress and issues faced by the teams along with managing the development team's expectations with the offshore team.
In addition to this mission the offshore manager will be responsible to help define the overall strategy for the operations platform. This new platform is also meant to integrate the User Access Management to simplify and automate the management of user permission. Due to the multitude of modules expected on this new platform the candidate will be expected to define the TOM and identify the product owners and define their roles and responsibilities with clear distinctions.
The IT Development Offshore Manager will have the following skills:
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of cost analysis
- Ability to lead teams and strong leadership skills
- Experience running large global projects
- Strong management resource allocation skills
- At least 10 year's work experience
- Great communication skills especially in the area of diplomacy
- Cultural tolerance
- Ability to travel
- Proven track record of successful offshore projects (on time, quality, budget thresholds).
- IT background with knowledge of software development life cycle, Agile, ITIL etc.
- Problem solving, using structured techniques and facilitation.
- Able to document role definitions.
- Proven ability to analyse and design KPI's.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as an integral part of the transformation team.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the offshoring transition to Mumbai with clear timeline and associated documentation.
- On-board and inspire key stakeholders to maximize their contribution
- Provide methodological support, expertise and facilitation
- Facilitate and document analysis and design workshops.
- Hands-on analytical work to understand current processes and improvement opportunities
- Project manage work-streams and tasks
- Raise attention on any risk detected in the missions and propose counter measures
- Support regular governance cycles, with meaningful, interesting updates, that support decision making
- Foster a positive change environment across the teams, ensuring changes are sustainable
- Contribute to regular retrospectives to continuously improve the team's methodology
If you are a good fit please apply immediately.