IT Security Engineer required. An IT Security Engineer is required by Montash's client, a leading Industrial & Engineering Services company, based in Manchester on an initial six-month contract.
The IT Security Engineer will deploy, maintain and manage technical security controls by working closely with Group IT, Operations and Infrastructure teams, implementing and managing technical security measures, responding to security incidents/events, establishing operational procedures, processes and standards to safeguard the organisation from an IT security perspective.
This role would suit a technically competent and experienced IT engineer who has transitioned into information security (minimum two years information security experience). The successful candidate will have experience of deployments around Office365 from a security perspective. In addition the IT Security Engineer will have anti-virus experience.
- Experience in a technical role supporting multiple security platforms and tools
- Knowledge of MS technologies including Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, Office 365 and Azure AD from a security standpoint
- Experience in implementing and managing Azure AD Identity and Access Management, Office 365 ATP, Mobile device Management and Windows 10 secure configuration using Intune
- Experience of multiple technical security controls including Endpoint Protection, Endpoint Encryption, Mobile Device Management, Email Threat Protection, Web Content Filtering, Mobile Device Management and SIEM
- Solid understanding of current and emerging information security threats and vulnerabilities
- One or more recognised IT/Security certifications, such as, CompTIA Network+/Security+ MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CISSP, SSCP, OSCP
- Experience with Linux based operation systems
- Penetration testing and vulnerability assessment
- Application development and DevOps
- Experience of Enterprise Endpoint Protection, Detection and Response using SentinelOne, Sophos Central or similar
- Implementation, configuration and maintenance of technical security controls within an enterprise environment
- Investigating and responding to information security events and incidents
- Defining and documenting IT operational security processes, procedures and standards
- A degree of technical security assessment, vulnerability scanning and penetration testing
- Some travel within Europe may be required
If the IT Security Engineer role is of interest then please apply immediately.