Montash have been engaged by a leading Consultancy to source a BPSS Java Developer (backend) for a 6 month contract based in Central London. This backend developer will be based on site at a Government Client.
This is initially a 6 month contract with a chance of extension.
BPSS Clearance required.
* Essential knowledge of BDD and/or TDD software development practices and processes.
* Java 8 experience, perhaps Java 7
* Use of ORM, e.g. JDBI, Hibernate
* Knowledge of Dependency Injection
* Database skills incl. some experience of Postgres and Redis or other NoSQL
* JUnit or TestNG
* Experience building Microservices incl. RESTful services
* Agile experience, preferably hands on in a multi discipline team working in rapid iterations, with a user-focused mindset
* Use of Opensource libraries
* Knowledge of Jenkins, or other CI tools
* A Strong track record in web application server-side development.
* Test Driven Development experience
* Maven or Gradle build systems
* Some experience in DevOps tech such as Puppet, Chef, preferably Ansible
* Uses virtualisation for developing, e.g. Docker to run services, Vagrant to build dev VMs
* Node.JS, preferably the ExpressJS framework
* Experience of Progressive Enhancement
* Familiar with domain driven design principles
* Spring Boot framework
* Any AI or Expert systems experience.
* Formal degree in Computer Science streams.