Java Developer (Spring, CloudFoundry)
I am currently working with an international insurance company that is seeking an experienced Java Developer with experience in CloudFoundry for a 6 month project.
Location: Although most of the project is remote; 1-2 days on-site is required
Duration: 6 months (with possibility to extend for another 6 months)
About the role:
- Java development with good Object Oriented foundation
- Experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; strong background with Spring and related projects
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and deploy cloud native applications to PCF
- Proficient in object oriented development and Java Enterprise concepts
- Experience with architecting and implementing 12 factor apps using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud including; Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, Spring Cloud
- Experience with designing and implementing highly available, scalable distributed systems .
- Micro-services design and implementation Development of Java Web Services REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML/SOA
- Unit testing frameworks using jUnit and Mockito
- Employs agile development practices and mindset for design, architecture, coding, testing, managing source code, continuous delivery practices and quality reviews
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- DevOps, Continuous Delivery process refinement and tool sets such as Jenkins, monitoring tools such as Splunk, etc.
- Implements software solutions and resolve problems that decrease time to market, enhance flexibility and embrace the solution provider mindset
- Experience with open source tools and technologies