Montash have been engaged by a leading UK Consultancy to source a Java/Apache Nifi Developer with SC Clearance for an initial 3 month contract based in Andover and Winnersh
It is essential that the successful candidate has live SC Clearance
The Front-End Developer will work as part of a multiple disciplinary Agile development team delivering a solution to a Defence Project. The role holder will work with developers, application architects, database engineers and cloud architects, contributing to the solution development.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work as part of an Agile development team, producing high-quality working software.
- Contribute to delivery timescales implementation and cost estimates together based on proposed architecture/design and risks.
- Understand and follow the polices and standards for the project with regard to development to ensure best practice.
- Participate in team communication and Agile Ceremonies.
- Communicating efficiently and work together within a multi-disciplinary team, fostering the open and collaborative culture.
- Presenting and depicting the rationale of findings in simple, engaging and easy to understand business terms to a diverse group of stakeholders.
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you'll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills and personal attributes.
The role will be expected to occasionally travel to other UK Sites but will primarily based in Andover and also Winnersh.
During the COVID-19 emergency, the team are working remotely.
- Extensive professional experience as a Java Developer
- Knowledge of JSF
- Recent experience of developing microservices in a container environment using Spring.
- Experience of development in an Agile Environment.
- Proven experience of implementing unit testing of software, behaviour-driven Development and/or Test-Drive Development.
- Strong background in development of RESTful Web Services.
- Experience of data transformation and ETL processes
- Use of public cloud services to deliver applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work with developers to overcome development and operational issues.
- Creating specifications and design of applications to meet defined business and user needs, demonstrating a strong understanding of what the user pain points are and outcomes.
- Defining the security enforcing measures to meet client's stringent security requirements.
- Good communication, presenting, collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
- Live SC Clearance
- Existing and immediately transferable SC level security clearance checks
- In depth knowledge of Nifi
- In depth knowledge of Open Layers, SAP HANA, UI5
- Ability to use and configure LINUX and Apache
- Use of either Cloud Foundry or Red Hat OpenShift
- Qualified SCRUM Master