Learning and Development Consultant - Sales Background
Learning and Development Consultant required. My client, a leading manufacturer, is looking for a Learning and Development Consultant to join them on an initial six month contract (very strong possibility of extension). The role will be remote.
My client is undergoing a large-scale sales transformation programme and they require an intelligent, savvy and creative thinking Learning and Development Consultant to help equip the companies' sales staff better on product knowledge and sales techniques. The aim is to increase the sales peoples ability to do more cross-sell and up-sell.
The Learning and Development Consultant will have the appropriate engagement and consulting skills to speak to experts/specialists/category management within this complex, federated and disparate business to draw knowledge and extract the right sort of information to be able to then liaise with the content/design team to produce the storyboards.
You will work closely with the content developers, but please understand that this is not an E2E role. This is a role that requires the ability to extract key pieces of information from a variety of stakeholders and translate that into tangible sales learning and development modules that the content developers can then create. You can expect to be managing anywhere between 10 and 15 modules at one time so the ability to multi-task is essential.
You will not be managing the content developers, however, you will be providing them direction and telling them what to produce. This is why it is so important to come from that L&D sales background. You will be a sort of middle man - sitting between the various 'client experts' or category specialists and the content developers.
The Learning and Development Consultant will have the following skills/experience:
- Previous experience of working in a Learning and Development role - five to 10 years
- Previous experience of working with the sales function in a Learning and Development role - this sales experience is essential
- Be more 'thinker' in nature; not just a 'doer'
- Possess strong questioning skills - with the ability to probe appropriately and extract key bits of information
- Experience of producing clear and concise storyboards
- Strong multi-tasking skills - the modules are small - not just a leadership programme - and you could be managing between 10 and 15 modules at one time
- Behaviour and content/product style training experience
This is an urgent requirement so if you are interested please apply immediately - I can talk through the programme and client in greater detail.