Montash have been engaged by a leading retailer to source a Legal Advisor for a 6 month contract based in Luton.
The legal Advisor will be a contract lawyer with around 3 years post qualified experience who can get involved in reviewing, drafting and assisting commercial contracts across a broad range of business areas.
Team consists of 2 Senior Legal Advisors who get involved in higher level and more commercially critical work and 3 Legal Advisors who focus more on commercial contracts. Given some changes to travel legislation and GDPR this is stretching resource therefore a temp is needed for 6 months to plug the gap.
Day to day duties
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial contracts for the tour operator, retail, cruise, airline and UK based Group or centralised functions including but not limited to;
- commercial terms of trading
- standard terms and conditions for approved agents
- charter agreements
- ground handling agreements,
- supply of goods and services agreements
- engineering agreements
- hotel agreements
- commercial terms
- confidentiality agreements
- aviation fuel and bunker oil agreements.
* Developing particular knowledge and expertise and taking primary ownership for certain commercial contracts.
* Developing and updating precedents, procedures, policies and checklists to share best practice on legal matters across the business.
* Having a thorough knowledge and understanding of the regulatory framework and providing advice on regulatory matters to the business
* Drafting, revising and advising on customer documentation, booking conditions, the A to Z, cruise conditions of carriage, flight conditions of carriage and website terms and conditions.
* Attending and minuting senior management meetings as required.
* Advise on marketing matters and investigating and responding to enquiries from the Advertising Standards Authority alleging breach of the CAP Code.
* Undertaking research on legal issues and providing guidance and advice on new areas of law for the business as required.
* Assisting the Head of Commercial Legal Support with providing advice and assistance to the business on projects.
* Provide advice and assistance on data protection and competition law.
* Undertake such other tasks and provide such other assistance as the Head of Commercial Support, General Counsel or other senior lawyers may require
* Assisting Head of Commercial Legal Support with the training, development and coaching of junior team members.
* Qualified solicitor or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives with circa3 years PQE
* Word/Excel/Outlook/internet proficient
* Excellent drafting skills
* Ability to work with minimal supervision using own initiative and plan and organise own workload
* Ability to research, interpret and provide advice on complex or new areas of law
Good knowledge and experience of
* commercial contract drafting
* commercial, consumer protection, marketing and data protection law
* Knowledge and understanding of the Package Travel Regulations, the ATOL Regulations and the ABTA Code of Conduct
* Ability to negotiate successfully and influence at all levels of the business
* Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to research in depth both legal and commercial/operational issues