Montash have been engaged by a leading Consultancy to source a Migration Architect for an almost immediate start. This is a 6 month role and can be done fully remotely
BPSS Clearance will be required
- To create profiles of the client As-Is Applications and associated servers estate and produce artefacts to inform and support the migration schedules, which will also facilitate the planning of the migration of clients' infrastructures from current 3rd party suppliers to the consultancy's Data Centres.
- Previous experience in completing Application Discovery activities through analysing technical documentation and Discovery tooling outputs, running client workshops/ interviews remotely and additional information gathering through collaboration with the consultancy and 3rd party SMEs.
- Subsequently to collate the technical outputs from Discovery to facilitate the production of appropriate design documentation for migration readiness / execution.
- Ability to interpret tooling outputs/ workshop outputs/ documentation which cover the server estate mapping and application to application mapping, as a minimum to support the successful migration. Knowledge of Unix, Windows and Linux O/S and key hosting principles.
- During the Discovery phase, close collaboration required with the UK-based client and wider delivery team, thus strong client communication and stakeholder management skills and experience required.
- Ability to liaise with incumbent suppliers of the client's server configuration/dependencies.
Expectation of close involvement in Discovery and migration preparations up to Q3 2019 and potentially beyond