Migration Architect required. A Migration Architect is required by Montash's client, a leading technology company based in the West Midlands, on an initial six month contract.
The Migration Architect will be responsible for the review of the migration design documents the migration engineers are producing, while also providing a steer to the Migration Engineers where complex issues are encountered.
This is a senior position and the successful candidate will have a minimum of five years relevant experience and a broad knowledge of O/s, networks, databases.
The Migration Architect will have the following skills/experience:
- Manages standards/issues/risks for the application migration track
- Manage quality of work and technical issues from the team
- Confirm migration wave plan and grouping and support Change Management process
- Create MDD (Migration Design Document) for each move group
- Migrate the applications and data based on various migration methods (P2V, V2V, lift and shift, build from scratch, backup and restore, Platespin etc)
- Coordinate migration activity with 3rd parties, support team, Application Owners and Business Owners
- Early Life Support for migrated applications
- Experience on AWS (VPC, NACL , EC2, ELB, Security group) and VMware (vRealise, vSphere)
- Experience of Windows/Linux /Solaris
- Experience of security and load balancers
- Experience of Network and Proxy
- Experience on Domain controller/DNS/DHCP
- Understanding of Databases
- Storage (SAN/NAS/DAS)
- Commvault (backup)
- Tools (Qradar, SolarWinds)
If you are a good fit please apply immediately.