Migration Engineer Needed. A leading technology company that specialise in financial services are looking for a Migration Engineer to start ASAP on a 6 month contract (with possibility of extension) in Coventry.
This role consists of core banking components (interfaces, Cobol, PLSQL, Oracle Forms and reports) and Data Architecture (Production Oracle Databases). The Migration Engineer will be able to use Unix operating systems, Oracle Application servers; as well as being competent in using Oracle Databases.
The Migration Engineer will be responsible for:
- Confirm migration wave plan, grouping and support Change Mgmt process
- Create MDD (Migration Design Document) for each move group as per the 'Blueprint Process'
- Migrate the applications and data based on various migration methods (P2V, V2V, lift and shift, build from scratch, backup and restore, Platespin etc)
- Coordinate migration activity with 3rd parties, Support team, Application Owners and Business Owners
- Testing (As per agreed scope)
- Early Life Support for migrated applications
- Oracle DBA with Hands on experience on Oracle Database and Application Migration Project.
- Oracle DBA with Solaris background, should have architect level skills (Solaris or Oracle DB/Apps)
- Good understanding on creating MDD's(Migration Design Document).
- Hands on experience on Configuring Oracle Database Data guard, RMAN,OEM, Standby Database
- Must have worked on Database Backup/Recovery, Database/Schema Refreshes.
- Must have worked on Performance Tuning and implementing Oracle Best Practices.
If you fit the role, please apply immediately.