Migration Engineer needed. A leading technology company is in need of a Migration Engineer to start ASAP on a 4-month contract with likelihood of extension.
The Migration Engineer MUST have depth knowledge of the windows operating system over many years.
The roles of the migration engineer are as follows:
- App discovery - either workshop with SMEs or email to get migration questionnaire filled out. This forms basis for migration design document.
- Attend regular update meetings with customer and teams for progress on deliverables, any issues and potential risks and blockers.
- Create MDD (migration design document) detailing CMO and FMO architecture, needs to include detailed HLD and LLD if required.
- Attend customer IRF (Infrastructure Review Forum) meetings to get approval for any newly deployed servers that form basis for App being migrated i.e. fresh SQL servers or Print servers that integrate to the moved App.
- MDD needs peer review and subsequent walkthroughs with customer and App SMEs to get approval.
- Populate firewall templates for network team to create rules to allow the migrated App to work in its new environment.
- Create necessary proxy rules to allow internet connectivity for Apps that require it.
- Create change request tickets and seek approvals from all support teams identified within the App.
- Attend customer CAB to get approval for changes and for migration to go ahead.
- Detailed run books need creating documenting all steps required by IT teams during migration work this needs to include timings and touchpoint comms to stakeholders.
- Liaise with test teams to rectify defects during IVT, AVT, and UAT testing via HP Application LifeCycle Manager.
- Post migration support activities include customer HyperCare period with senior management teams to update any issues on regular sunrise calls.
If you fit the role, please apply immediately