Network Architect Needed. Our client, a leading technology company, is in need of a Network Architect to start ASAP on a 3-month contract (with strong likelihood of extension) in Exeter.
As the Network Architect, you will be responsible for designing the communication networks, including LANs, WANs, VPNs, wireless, closed networks, and support the transformation to a data driven and integrated IT service organisation.
You will Work with the Architecture and Solution Delivery teams, and external partners, to provide professional advice on the future state of networks and communications, to ensure a good fit to existing technologies and alignment with architecture policies and principles.
Your responsibilities will include:
- In-depth knowledge of cabling, routers, hubs, firewalls and wireless access points
- Expert in network segmentation and VLANs
- Broad understanding of current and upcoming network technology landscape and concepts
- Proven communication skills demonstrating ability to understand complex conceptual ideas and experience in conveying information to senior stakeholders
- Proven ability in assessing and managing risks
- Proven ability to interact across cross-functional and technical working teams and build ongoing relationships to ensure effective communications and exchange of information.
- Proven ability to take independent decisions without reference to your line manager relating to significant events, or influence decision-making that impacts resourcing and future business planning of the service.
- Recent experience of designing networks to meet business requirements in a commercial environment, demonstrating business acumen, balancing financial, quality, people and customer expectations
- Experience of the full project life cycle
- Experience in the identification and proactive mitigation of risks
- Ability to build and develop relationships with peers and stakeholders to ensure effective exchange of information to support day-to-day work using existing practices.
- Industry standard IT related certification or professional qualification.
- TOGAF 9 certified
- ACMP or equivalent such as CCNP-Wireless
- Demonstrable knowledge of the deployment and management of EVPN and VXLAN technology.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the deployment and management of VRF.
If you fit the role, please apply immediately.